|| Passport Seva Portal | Passport Seva All Information | Passport Seva Full Details | SARKARIJANHIT.COM | Passport Seva Online | Passport Seva Portal Live | Passport Seva All Updates ||
Passport Seva:- Earlier, the task to get a passport, let alone a visa, was an arduous one. Individuals had to initially fill up application forms manually and then, wait tirelessly in long queues outside their local passport office awaiting their turn. Many were turned away and asked to try another day, as their documents were incomplete or if the office was done for the day. However, fear not as passport seva has come to the rescue. Citizens of India may obtain a new passport or have one renewed with ease through Passport seva both, online and offline.Table of Contents
About the Seva
The Government of India had taken up multiple initiatives to bring about an era of e-Governance in order to improve the delivery of public services in recent years. Passport Seva was established by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) in partnership with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). The MEA has, however, retained essential functions such as the verification process, granting, and the issuance of a passport for any individual. The Ministry also has ownership of the core assets that includes data and information of all the individual applicants.
The following are the various tasks that an Indian citizen can execute with respect to obtaining a passport online.
- Apply for a new passport.
- Apply for the renewal of a passport.
- Apply for the re-issuance of a lost or damaged passport.
- Access and download the Application Form for the Police Clearance Certificate.
- Access and download the Application Form for the Surrender Certificate.
- Access and download the Application Form for the Identity Certificate.
The online Portal for Passport Seva provides information on the documents and all the essential data required for the application process. Additionally, it includes information on how to obtain any of the documents necessary for the procedure. It is mandatory for individuals to register themselves for Passport Seva online initially in order to make use of the facilities offered on the Portal. Passport Seva online portal offers complete information regarding the documents required and process to be followed for obtaining any of the documents mentioned above.
You can complete these steps online. But in some instances, you will be required to take a printout of the application form, book an appointment and then visit your nearest Passport Seva Kendra. To be able to use the facilities made available under Passport Seva, it is mandatory to register for Passport Seva Online first. The Passport Seva Program has brought in a huge transformation towards delivery of Passport Services in India. More than one crore passports are being issued every year through the Passport Seva system.
The Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, took many significant steps to improve the service delivery experience for the citizens. Not only did the work of simplifying Passport rules and procedures has been achieved but passport services have also been taken closer to the doorsteps of the citizens. In recent years, considerable improvement both in terms of procedure and timelines have been implemented, which has enabled faster delivery of passport services to applicants in India and abroad.
Passport Seva Headlines
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Fee Calculator||Click Here|
|Appointment Availability||Click Here|
|Download Passport e-Form||Fresh or Re-issue of Passport Click here |
Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) Click here
Identity Certificate e-Form (applicable to Tibetan Refugees and Stateless People) Click here Updated
Surrender Certificate e-Form Click here Updated
|Government Scheme Website||Click Here|
|Our Website||Click Here|
|In recent years, the Government of India has taken many initiatives to usher in an era of e-Governance to improve the delivery of public services. The National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) includes many high impact e-Governance projects that have been identified as Mission Mode Projects (MMP’s). One such project focuses on reforming Passport services in India.The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) is responsible for issuance of Passports to Indian Citizens through a network of 36 Passport offices across the Country and 190 Indian Missions and Posts abroad.A Passport is an essential travel document for those who are traveling abroad for education, tourism, pilgrimage, medical attendance, business purposes and family visits.|
During the last few years, the growing economy and spreading globalization have led to an increased demand for Passport and related services. This increasing demand for passports and related services is coming from both large cities and smaller towns, creating a need for wider reach and availability. To augment and improve the delivery of passport services to Indian citizens, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) launched the Passport Seva Project (PSP) in May 2010.
The project has been implemented in a Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode with Tata Consultancy Services, selected through a public competitive procurement process. Under this program, the sovereign and fiduciary functions like verification, granting and issuing of passport have been retained by MEA. The ownership and strategic control of the core assets including data/information is with MEA.Passport Seva enables simple, efficient and transparent processes for delivery of passport and related services. Apart from creating a countrywide networked environment for Government staff, it integrates with the State Police for physical verification of applicant’s credentials and with India Post for delivery of passports.
Registration on Passport Seva
A passport is an essential document if an individual wish to travel abroad. It also serves as a proof of identity and address for an individual. To apply for a passport and to avail other services, it is essential that an individual register themselves online on the Passport Seva portal. The following are the basics steps to apply for a passport on the Passport Seva portal.
- Step 1: Visit the official passport Seva portal.
- Step 2: On the left, click on the New User? Register Now tab in bright orange colour. Click on the tab and follow the link to the next page.
- Step 3: A form will be displayed where the user will be required to complete with appropriate information.
- Step 4: Ensure that the radio icon is set to the Passport Office option.
- Step 5: Select the nearest Passport Seva Kendra in your city from the choices in the drop-down list.
- Step 6: After doing so, enter the relevant personal details in the required fields as inquired on the page.
- Step 7: The next page would indicate the user to set up their own Login ID and Password to their account according to the terms and conditions mentioned on the Portal. The user will be required to re-enter the Password in order to confirm.
- Step 8: The user will be asked to select their choice of a hint question and an answer to the same question. This is essential in case the user loses their login credentials to access their Passport Seva account.
- Step 9: The user has to enter the relevant Captcha code that would be displayed on the screen and click on the final tab that indicates Register.
- Step 10: The account of the user would be created, and the user may log in to their Passport Seva account to apply for a passport and various other services using the credentials that they chose.
National Call Centre1800-258-1800